The BERD KCA Training Unit collaborates and integrates with the OSCTR Clinical Research Education, Mentoring and Career Development KCA to enhance training in epidemiology and biostatistics related to clinical and translational research.
- Create and offer seminars, short courses and workshops related to the application of biostatistical and epidemiological methods to study design and data analysis
- Participate in clinical or translational working groups or journal clubs
- Provide curricular materials for asynchronous learning, including printed and videostreamed seminars, short courses and tutorials.
Curricular materials :
Printed materials (in .pdf format)
- Statistical tests
- Sensitivity and specificity, predictive values, and Bayes Theorem
- What is logistic regression
- Analyzing outcomes measured as a “time to event”
- Agreement between measurements - Bland Altman plots
- Standardized Mortality Ratios (SMR)
Videostreamed tutorial (Mediasite)